Thursday 1 November 2012

Stressed and Challenged!!!

I am feeling a little stressed as Aaron has 3 friends over for a sleep over.  There are currently 5 lads laid out on my lounge floor, eating chocolate, watching a DVD but talking to each other like they are miles apart....how can they all talk sooo loudly when they are not too far from each other (I don't live in a mansion!)  In all honestly, they have been great really, can't complain!

I had been hoping to get a bit of crafting done tonight but that hasn't gone to plan but I won't complain about it!  I am going to try with the Simply Stampin challenge again this week.


It's a colour challenge and wasn't sure what to do but came up with something.  It's my Dads birthday next week so I made this for the boys to give him.




I've used a new stamp set called Blue Ribbon.  I did mean to cut the 'Happy Birthday' with a circle die but didn't look at it first so didn't realise that it was a star shape but quite liked it so I left it.  I have stamped the sentiment onto pool party card with versamark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I did the same with the stars. The bottom is cut using the adorning accents edgelits and embossing folders.
I then decided to add 'Gramps' to make the card more personal.....

Anyway, hopefully I won't have a really late night, I'm yawning already though so the boys better not keep me up too late!!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care







Supplies used; all SU unless stated: Early Espresso card, Pool Party card and ink, Whisper White card, Versamark, clear embossing powder, Blue Ribbon stamp set, Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embossing folder, Daffodil Delight stiched ribbon and DSP.
Non SU: Star shaped die, Letter Dies

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the challenge colours. I love the three little ribbons sticking out at the side. I am sure 'Gramps' will love it.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for Gramps, he'll be thrilled! Fab use of the colours and I love the ribbon detail! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Simply Stampin'! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.