Tuesday 3 July 2012

Suede effect flower

You'll be pleased to know I have finally sorted and cleaned my craft room and I even found the die I thought I had lost, no such luck with the punch though...

I have made a card for a friends birthday and, as I do every week recently, I had a look over at the simply stampin challenge blog and thought I would give it a go.
The challenge is clean and simple and although these colours on this card  may not normally be my first thought as clean and simple, I think it works.

 I tried the suede effect for the flower.  I kept running the flower between my thumb and bone folder the break the fibres of the card.  The card will start to peel apart and when this happens you slowly seperate the two pieces.  The close up shows it although the light isn't that great.



Last night Aaron was playing the guitar in a concert at our local theatre.  It was really good and I was really proud of him.  He was on edge all day but he thoroughly enjoyed being on stage and with the recent 'song writing' he and his friends are doing he may just make his fortune.......

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care






Supplies used; all SU unless stated: Crumb cake card, Wild wasabi card and ink, Blossom punch, Boho blossom punch, little leaves die, curly cute stamp set.

4 comments:

  1. Love this effect you have used for your flower, and great use of your punches!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love separating the paper! The feel of the paper - that faux suede feel is just gorgeous isn't it!?! Lovely CAS! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clair, you have made a beautiful CAS card! I like your colour combination and your flower looks fabulous!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Simply Stampin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Clair, love your suede flower! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Simply Stampin'! Hope you play along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.