Saturday 16 June 2012

Congratultions.....with Elizabeth

So, I promised you a card I made for a special lady at school albeit a day late!!

A garden party was held at school today for a lovely lady who had been working at the school for 40 years.  Mrs Weight MBE is part of the furniture at the school and is loved by all the children and parents.

My first encounter of Mrs Weight was when a glamorous lady who I had seen about the school (I didn't know who she was a this time!) approached me and asked if she could give Aaron a cuddle every morning.  I later found out that she asked most parents as she is a very tactile lady and would take every pupil home with her given half the chance. (It's sad that she has to ask though!)

The children were all asked to take a single flower so that a big arrangement could be made and we made a card of course....



I stamped the base card with one of my favourite stamps from baroque motifs and spritzed it with the shimmer mist paint.  The main image is the Elizabeth stamp that I coloured in with a blender pen and painted over the top with the shimmer paint (I think you can see this in the second picture)

Along with the garden party the boys have been very excited as we have finally put up a dart board in their room, a decision made by my husband I hasten to add.......and within about 10 minutes we had holes in the wall.....Big mistake!!!!
They seem to be missing the cork board around the dart board....at least I can never be blamed!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care






Supplies used; All SU unless stated: Pretty in Pink ink and card, Baroque Motifs stamp set, Elizabeth Stamp, Lucky Limeade card and ink, Pool Party card, Eyelet Border punch, Pool party bakers twine, Shimmer paint, Sentiment from retired stampset

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.