Wednesday 23 May 2012

The sun is shining......finally!!!

At last.....we see the sun.  I think we are all a bit fed up with the weather so its so nice to finally have some warmth.  It would have been nice to see it last weekend though as I was in Dublin and although it wasn't wet (which was forecast!) it was a bit chilly.  It didn't stop us having a great time.  I did try Guiness for the first time and really didn't like it.

So, it was my husbands birthday last week so had the dreaded task of making TWO male cards....not a great prospect...did ok, I think !!



 This was for the boys to give Daddy.  I have used the amazing Twitterpated DSP, honestly, its great.  It is girly and pretty one one side and quite masculine on the other, so versatile!  Then using my favourite tool of the moment, I had to do a rosette somewhere.  I this this could be adapted for all the men and boys out there....



This was from me.  Another favourite for men for me is the French Foliage stamp set.  I have added a dash of colour with the retired Sale-a-bration DSP.  My husband doesn't get that enthusiastic about birthdays though, he actually cooked tea that night, bless him!

We have a hectic weekend ahead, Saturday Aaron has a football tournament and Elliot has an athletics competition then on Sunday Elliot has a football tournament....it's all go and the thought of sitting in a field all weekend might have been a horrible prospect earlier in the week but the sun has made the idea a little more acceptable.....

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care xxx





Supplies used: All SU unless stated; Island indigo card, twitterpated DSP, Lucky limeade card and ink, designer printed brad, simply scored board, happiest birthday wishes stamp set, crumb cake card and ink, chocolate chip card and ink, french foliage stamp set, sqaure lattice embossing folder, lucky limeade bakers twine, very vanilla card, spritzer tool, word window punch.
Non SU: small alphabet stamp spelling out Daddy

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.