Thursday 12 January 2012

More motorbikes..

Hello all

I am finally sitting down with a cuppa after doing some housework so I feel the rest is well deserved.  I had a workshop yesterday with some lovely ladies who are fast becoming my 'regulars'.....It was great actually, we all had fun and learnt a few things from each other which is always good.

We made a card for the men in our lives...Got to tell you a little story though.  My supplies of masculine type stamps are fairly slim so whilst laying in bed one night having 101 ideas running through my head I decided to use the motorbike stamp but thought having a wheel type stamp would be good. Then it came to me!!!!  I got out of bed and went to rummage through my sons lego box and found an odd wheel.  I put it on a skewer and hey presto, I've got a wheel stamp.  It gave the effect I wanted and I was impressed with my brainwave.



I stamped the motorbike once, covered it with a mask and stamped it again without re-inking and repeated it to give the effect of a moving motorbike.  I roughed up the edges with scissors and mounted it onto pacific point cardstock.  After using my 'wheel' stamp I used the splatter stamp from the French Foliage set and the sentiment is from the easy events set.
Good card for boys of all ages and I guess the possibilites are endless, one lady suggested going to a charity shop and buying a toy motorbike to run through the inkpad....worth a try!!

I have designed the cards for this months card club and trying to get organised but the places are filling up fast so I am a very happy crafter.....

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care







Supplies used; Whisper white cardstock, basic black ink pad, motorbike stamp, french foliage set, pacific point card stock, word window punch, scallop oval punch, easy events set.
Non SU; lego wheel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.