Wednesday 30 November 2011

Matching buckets.

Evening All,

We have tried to get into the Christmas spirit today by going to the cinema to see Arthur Christmas.  The boys were off today due to the strikes so we made the most of it.  It really was a lovely film and the boys have come back and promply written their letters to Santa, the advent calenders have been hung and I think they are now getting excited....it's going to be a long 25 days.......

So, to my buckets.  I made some cards the other day for the teachers and now I have made matching buckets...
A Poinsettia Mug....

A bucket version  (sure it could be called something better than a bucket!)

Together, filled with smellies....

Wrapped...

With matching tag....
I have wrapped the smellies in tissue paper that I stamped to match.  The buckets are made from the pillow box die, three stuck together.  The handles are made from the lace ribbon border punch.

Really simple but effective and could be filled with all sorts and decorated in many different ways.
I saw a version of this whilst scrolling through YouTube , there are many different ways, have a look...

Unfortunately, my 'practice' workshop tomorrow has been cancelled so I'm just going to have to go for it on Friday....wish me luck.

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care xxx
Supplies used: All SU unless stated.
Real Red cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Old Olive cardstock and ink, 5 petal flower punch, pillow box die, lace ribbon border punch.
Non SU; cellophane and tissue paper.

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. Glad to hear Arthur Christmas is as lovely as it looks on the trailers.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these very much, great way to jazz up a pot plant to give too - I shall be along with Marcia on Friday, look forward to learning :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.