Monday 21 November 2011

Great Auntie Clair....

How exciting....... my lovely nephew has become the proud father to baby Harry tonight, weighing 8lb 1oz and both mummy and baby are doing great.

Can't believe I am a great Aunt...it sounds so old, but it's fab news and I'm really pleased for them.

On a darker note, I got told off today........for not keeping my blog more up to date so apologies and I will try really hard to keep on top of things (I have been really busy lately....I'm not slacking...honest!)

So, I have made a male card.......shock horror.....
I was playing about with a new set called Need for Speed and this is what I came up with....

Do you think the backing paper looks a bit like planks of wood?  I saw an effect at training with Amanda a few weeks ago so though I would have a go.  Its just cardstock scored at 1/2 inch intervals and then I rubbed inkpads across....not sure if it does look like wood but I like the effect anyway.



 I stamped the quadbike with chocolate chip ink and then crumpled up the paper.  Using the distress kit from the catalogue I inked over the image and scuffed both the bike topper and the blue matt and layer with the edge of the scissors.


I thought the inside needed a bit of decoration....

Well, thats it from me tonight, I'm off to start a new baby card......
Thanks for stopping by,
Take care xxx

Supplies used; all SU products unless stated.
river rock and marina mist cardstock, chocolate chip, river rock, old olive and marina mist inkpads, need for speed stamp set and happy birthday hostess only stamp set and linen thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.