Thursday 20 October 2011

Something a bit different....

My, hasn't it turned cold....now I know that seems a bit silly as it is October but it seemed to creep up a bit.  I had to scrape my car this morning....I don't like it! Bring back the sunshine!!!

Haven't had a bad week all in all but they just seem to fly by at the moment.  We did have parents evening on Tuesday and thankfully the boys are doing really well and their teachers are happy with them so all good there!!!

I have worked a bit extra this week (extra money is always good!) and I'm working tomorrow.  Then I am off out in the evening to see a Lord of the Dance type show.  I'm going with my Mum, sister and some ladies from my old dance class (I used to tap dance!) so it should be a good night out.

So, I have tried something a bit different and whilst sitting here I have had a brain wave which I will share later in the week but until then, have a look......
My first attempt!!!


This really was easy and looks really effective.  I stamped the image onto tissue paper then cut it out (quite close to the image but it doesn't have to be perfect).  Place the stamped tissue paper onto the candle and wrap some greaseproof paper around the candle to be able to hold  it with. Then heat it slowly with a heat gun (not too long as the candle will start to melt) but you will see the change and know when its done.

My second attempt!!!!



Can see some christmas gifts happening......a bit a of ribbon and a gift bag - hey presto!!!

I'm off now to have a slice of the bread I baked today.....and a cuppa.
Thanks for stopping by,
Take care xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.